Sunday, March 14, 2010

Review/Love: Larabars

Over the last few weeks I have been crazy busy with school, traveling and just LIFE that I don't always feel like I can eat as "clean" as I would like to.

Like at the airport for one...it feels like everything is filled with junk or is insanely expensive and its hard to pre-plan what I'm going to feel like on a 4 hour flight.

I usually try to avoid meal replacement bars because of the huge list of ingredients. But lately they have seemed like the best easy option, so I had been looking around trying to find a good one with as little additives as possible. That is when I came across Larabar.

Oh Man.

I'm in love.

First off, they are not cheap. I got my first one from Walmart and it was about 1.25, then I hit up Kroger and while they had a much better selection, they were a little more expensive. More like 1.50-190 per bar. They are a little cheaper online, so I would suggest finding a flavor you like and then ordering it in a case online.

This morning I tried the Peanut Butter Cookie one and then just a little while ago I had the Cherry Pie. Both were what they sound like! PB Cookie was almost too cookie like for me. After a workout, I'm usually not craving a cookie. But for those of you that do, try it!

Cherry pie was a lot more cherry than pie. And I loveddd it.

I also picked up Tropical Fruit Tart, Coconut Cream Pie, Lemon Bar, and Apple Pie.

I can't wait to try them. My favorite part is I actually know what ALL the products listed on the side are, since I'm not a big fan of eating things that I can picture.
They are also gluten free, vegan, kosher, and contain no added sugar. So they are good for a lot of people.

I can't say enough about them:) So seriously, if you are looking for a good meal replacement bar/after workout bar/etc, I HIGHLY suggest Larabar!

Here are two links to the online stores that seemed to have the cheapest prices and best selection.
Lucky Vitamin
Got Body

And if you are looking to try them out in stores first I found them at Kroger and Walmart, My mom checked Target for me and didn't see them but it may vary by area.

Let me know if you have tried any other flavors or know of any other good bars!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment