From my intro you know I'm in the process of becoming a personal trainer. But I haven't always been interested in fitness...to be honest I took weightlifting in high school and hated it. So much. It was actually yoga that got me going to the gym everyday, which introduced me to Spinning then finally when I was living on base in 29 Palms is when I started loving weightlifting.
I know its hard to get started. The first week of actually kicking your own butt to get to the gym is what is the worst. But once you actually get there and starting working out it can only get better:)
But for those of you that aren't sure WHAT to do once you get to the gym, I do recommend either finding a trainer or doing some research online before to establish what your personal goals are and what you should do to get there.
Because while going to the gym, running a mile on the treadmill and then heading back home isn't going to cut it if your trying to gain muscle. I'm not saying its useless because it is better than nothing, but if your goal is to look like a body builder, you will need to establish a plan to work core and isolated muscles with a little cardio thrown it.
So working with someone who knows what they are talking about and are certified to show you the best program for YOU is what your first concern should be if you are new to the gym. Most gyms offer a free personal training session when you buy a gym package, but there is usually a cost after the first session. I'm not saying you need to buy a ton of sessions, some people could get 5 sessions to learn what works best for them and then can take it on their own from there.
And while I can answer some questions, its hard to build plans for people I can't physically work with! Plus before starting any workout plan you need to check in with your Doctor and make sure you don't have anything that could injure you or cause pain.
So get out there and DO SOMETHING:)
-J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment